- ABOUT US
- MISSIONS & CARE
- OUR GUESTS
Encourage one another and build one another up 1 Thessalonians 5:11
There are times when each of us needs the care of another person, a Christian friend, a Stephen Minister. Some examples of these needs include hospitalization, illness, death of a loved one, job crisis, disabilities, divorce, spiritual crises, the challenges of aging, and many more.
If you are interested in receiving help from the Stephen Ministry, please fill out the Online Support Form and be sure to choose the Stephen Ministry option. You can also call Nancy Page the referrals coordinator at 770-983-7610. There are Stephen Ministry cards available at the church which you can fill out and drop in the offering plate during Sunday worship or mail to the church. We also have some literature to help you or a loved one. These cards are located in the Welcome Center on the Care Board. The pamphlets cover a variety of topics from dealing with health issues to coping with death. Feel free to pick one up next time you are at First Baptist Church.
Stephen Ministry is a confidential program of our congregation that equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian one-to-one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and in the community.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who...
- Express God's care through their lives to others
- Receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts
- Are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training
- Visit another person regularly to offer Christian support and care
- Participate in regular support under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders
- Serve for at least two years
- Receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service